When used in tandem together properly, the 2 magic numbers I’m about to show you will hand you more time, more success, and more wealth on a silver platter.
I know this from experience. These magic numbers changed my life, and now it’s time for them to do the same for you…
I understand that you’re probably skeptical right now. How is it possible to gain time, success, and wealth all from just understanding 2 numbers?
I felt that way at first, too. But if I had never overcome that point of view I never would have accomplished all that I have today…
So right now all I can ask of you is this: suspend your skepticism for just the next couple of minutes. If you give this is a real chance it will change your life. But it’s all up to you.
Let me start by telling you exactly what the 2 magic numbers are:
80 and 20
These are relatively meaningless to you right now, right? They certainly were for me…that is, until I read something about them that altered my perception about how I was living life.
Now, this isn’t some spiritual rant I’m about to go on – no, there’s immense practical use to get from those numbers.
But first, let me explain what they mean…
Have you ever heard of Vilfredo Pareto? He’s the man behind “Pareto’s Law,” which was originally used to illustrate the uneven distribution of wealth in society. Pareto showed that 80% of the wealth and income was possessed and earned by 20% of the population.
But that was far from the only use for his 80/20 Principle…
It quickly became clear that the same law could be used in far more aspects of life.
For instance, 80% of a company’s profits will come from 20% of that company’s customers.
In essence, the 80/20 Principle argues that 80% of the outputs come from 20% of the inputs.
And now it’s time to use the 80/20 Principle to make YOUR life better!
1. Of the 80% of the issues you regularly face throughout each month, which 20% of sources are causing them?
2. Of the 80% of progress you make towards your goals, which 20% of projects/actions/endeavors accomplished it?
3. Of the 80% of the “real work” you get done on a daily basis, which 20% of the time you’ve spent has actually made it happen?
The goal is to cut out the parts of your life that make you less efficient while focusing on the few things that make you more efficient…
To help you do so, answer these 4 questions:
1. If you can only accomplish 1 thing today, what is the 1 thing that will make you feel satisfied with your day?
2. Right now you have to pick out 3 time-consuming activities to stop doing each day. Which 3 can you live without?
3. Let’s pretend that all of a sudden you have to sleep for 22 hours a day. If you only have 2 hours to work, what activities would you spend them on?
If you honestly answer those questions after thinking about your daily life, you’ll find that right now you’re constantly wasting time on unimportant tasks that keep you from accomplishing real goals.
What we want to do with the 80/20 Principle is completely remove those time-wasters in order to spend more focused time on the productive tasks.
When you do so, you’ll realize that you can spend less time working, get more done, and become wealthier because of what you accomplish!